January 30, 2013

Wednesdays With Walt : Paperman - Full Animated Short Film

Walt Disney was well known for being an innovator. He was known for doing things in his own way and I think he would have really loved the new animated short from the Walt Disney Animation Studios, Paperman. I first saw Paperman when I went to see Wreck It Ralph with my family and I can definitely see why it was recently nominated to win the Oscar this year for Best Animated Short.



My favorite part of Paperman is the clever use of color. While Paperman is mostly black and white, the vivid bursts of red are very dramatic and poetic and reminds me of the "girl in the red coat" from Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List. If you haven't had a chance to see Paperman, you really should. The story is charming and the animation and imagery alone is worth seven minutes of your time.

1 comment: